The Mill at Barwick-in-Elmet in about 1885

This photograph was kindly provided by the descendants of Albert Westwood who emigrated to Canada in 1887. The photograph predates that time. Albert Westwood's father was the miller. The mill was demolished during the Second World War although the house in the picture can still be seen on the corner of Leeds Road and Carrfield Road.
Article on the history of the mill
Back to the Gallery
Back to Barwick-in-Elmet Historical Society