When Barwick-in-Elmet Church underwent a major restoration in the 1850's, the wooden altar screen and the pews were replaced. Some of the wood removed was made into souvenir items
and were marked with a label. We have heard from two people who have items from this collection.
Richard Knowles who has purchased some book-ends (see below) which were made from the wood.
In January 2007 we were sent photographs of a bowl owned by Robin Learoyd.
In November 2007 Michael Teal, a member of the society, came across a pot with a close fitting lid in Doncaster. The item is illustrated below.
Pot about 6 inches across.
If anyone else knows of the existence of any other items made from this wood, we would be interested hear from them.